Careers - Product Developer
Mister Zimi has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Developer to join our growing design team. In this role you will play an integral role in the delivery of our product, while working in a friendly, passionate and talented team.
Reporting to the Head of Product you will be responsible for the product development process to ensure product integrity is upheld and the design vision translated.
About The Role:
As Product Developer you'll work directly with our team of friendly, passionate and talented humans. You’ll be responsible for:
- Liaising daily with our offshore suppliers and factories
- Working with designers to ensure style changes are executed correctly
- Sample ordering, chasing, tracking and management
- Tracking all phases of bulk product development including fabric/yarn submissions, lab dip/strike off/handloom/knit-down submissions, trim submissions, approval samples (Fit/PP/shipping) and inspection reports
- Preparing tech packs
- Documenting trim approvals, preparing and communicating fit comments.
- Fabric test and garment inspection report review and approval communication
- Sample inventory maintenance
- Updating range boards
- Updating inventory systems
You Will Be Able To Demonstrate:
- Previous fashion industry experience in a production and/or product development role
- Previous experience working with offshore suppliers and critical path management
- Sound understanding of offshore production, garment and fabric construction
- Sound understanding of fabric and fibres
- Garment sketching experience (Illustrator)
- Previous experience working in Womenswear (additional experience in Childrenswear and Swimwear an advantage)
- Previous experience in wovens (including denim), cut and sewn and true knitwear
- Sound understanding of pattern making and garment technical experience an advantage
- Previous experience working with printed fabrics is an advantage
- Positive attitude to resolving problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical and lateral thinker
- Excellent time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Team player with a flexible, positive and open mindset
- An understanding and connection with the Mister Zimi brand aesthetic
- An all-round legend!
- Opportunity to join an establishing and fast-growing women’s lifestyle brand
- Open Minded Workplace
- Live the lifestyle, working within our light-filled Byron Bay office
- Generous staff discount and wardrobe perks
Sound like you? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please email Sim at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.