Careers - Senior Garment Technician / QA
Senior Garment Technician / QA
Reporting to the Head of Product you will be responsible for providing technical input and expertise into product construction and quality control to ensure the Mister Zimi product meets our high-quality expectations.
Working closely with the design and product development team, you will attend all fittings, create and maintain garment specs, manage fit comments, product approvals, testings and inspections.
About the Role:
- Work with product developers to ensure garment fits are functional and consistent
- Receive, measure, fit and document all sample approvals and ensure they meet quality standards
- Refine, modify, import and update specification measurements, construction and tech packs to approved fit
- Issue care instructions, and recommend any additional labelling / packing methods to ensure the quality of the goods are maintained
- Issue bulk spec gradings
- Work closely with the Product team to ensure lead-times and critical dates are maintained
- Liaise with and foster good working communications and relationships with key suppliers.
- Review in-house and third party inspection results and report findings to the product team
- Make recommendations on failed fabric tests or bulk goods inspection results
- Identify quality issues during the fitting process and work with the product team to work to create preventative measures for future ranges
- Perform wash and hang tests on fit samples to prevent bulk quality issues.
- Follow, uphold and ensure that the Mister Zimi supplier quality standards and inspection procedures are compliant and up to date
- Uphold company sustainability and compliance standards
- Communicate garment measurements and descriptions for online purposes
- In the absence of other team members, assisting in other roles to ensure the team is functioning efficiently
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 6 years in a similar role
- Passion for the process and being part of a dynamic team
- Garment grading knowledge
- Garment construction knowledge
- Strong computer literacy
- Sound understanding of the pre-production/production process
- Experience working with offshore suppliers
- Sound understanding of pattern making
- Previous experience in Womenswear , childrenswear, menswear and swimwear apparel across all product and fabric categories ie: knits (cut and sew + true knitwear), & wovens
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Positive attitude to resolving problems
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong critical and lateral thinker.
- Excellent time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Team player with a flexible, positive and open mindset.
- An understanding and connection with the Mister Zimi brand aesthetic.
- Opportunity to join an establishing and fast-growing women’s lifestyle brand
- Open Minded Workplace
- Live the lifestyle, working within our light-filled Byron Bay office
- Generous staff discount and wardrobe perks