Garment Technician / QA
Reporting to the Head of Product you will play a key role in ensuring that Mister Zimi meets the highest possible standards in garment fit, sizing consistency and workmanship. You will thrive on performing in a team environment and taking ownership of your role as the champion of product quality.
At Mister Zimi we are always striving to provide our customers with the best experience possible. Our product is fundamental in our ability to achieve this. We see the Garment Tech / QA role being an exciting opportunity for the right person to have a material and positive impact in an energetic company where good vibes and workplace satisfaction take a high priority.
- Ensure garment fits are functional and consistent across suppliers.
- Receive, measure, fit and document all sample approvals and ensure they meet quality standards.
- Refine, modify, import and update specification measurements, construction and tech packs to approved fit.
- Issue care instructions, and recommend any additional labelling/packing methods to ensure the quality of the goods are maintained.
- Issue bulk spec gradings.
- Work closely with the Production Managers to ensure lead-times and critical dates are maintained.
- Maintain and foster good working communications and relationships with key suppliers.
- Update supplier manual as required.
- Liaise daily with offshore suppliers and factories.
- Review inhouse and third party inspection results and report findings to the Production managers and Head of product.
- Make recommendations on failed fabric test or bulk goods inspection results.
- Identify quality issues during the fitting process and work with Production Managers/Head of Product to work to create preventative measures.
- Perform wash and hang tests on fit samples to prevent bulk quality issues.
- Follow, uphold and ensure that the Mister Zimi supplier quality standards and inspection procedures are compliant and up to date.
- Communicate garment measurements and descriptions for online purposes.
- Take a team-first approach and assist in other areas of the production process when needed.
- Constantly look to identify improvements that will drive integrity and efficiency in operations including social and environmental outcomes, both in your role and across the business.
Qualifications and Experience / Background:
- Garment grading knowledge.
- Garment construction knowledge.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Sound understanding of the pre-production/production process.
- Experience working with offshore suppliers.
- Sound understanding of pattern making.
- Previous experience in Womenswear.
Other Skills, Knowledge, Attributes and Personal Qualities:
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise.
- A passion for garment construction and quality.
- Strong critical and lateral thinker.
- An eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player with a flexible, positive and open mindset.
- A can-do attitude and a desire for continuous improvement.
- A love of the Mister Zimi brand and product.