Careers - Senior Garment Technician
Reporting to the Head of Product you will be responsible for providing technical input and expertise into product construction and quality control to ensure the Mister Zimi product meets our high-quality expectations. Working closely with the design and product development team, you will attend all fittings, create and maintain garment specs, manage fit comments , product approvals, testings and inspections.
Work with product developers to ensure garment fits are functional and consistent.
- Receive, measure, fit and document all sample approvals and ensure they meet quality standards.
- Refine, modify, import and update specification measurements, construction and tech packs to approved fit.
- Issue care instructions, and recommend any additional labelling / packing methods to ensure the quality of the goods are maintained.
- Issue bulk spec gradings.
- Work closely with the Product team to ensure lead-times and critical dates are maintained.
- Liase with and foster good working communications and relationships with key suppliers.
- Review inhouse and third party inspection results and report findings to the product team
- Make recommendations on failed fabric tests or bulk goods inspection results.
- Identify quality issues during the fitting process and work with the product team to work to create preventative measures for future ranges.
- Perform wash and hang tests on fit samples to prevent bulk quality issues.
- Follow, uphold and ensure that the Mister Zimi supplier quality standards and inspection procedures are compliant and up to date.
- Uphold company sustainability and compliance standards
- Communicate garment measurements and descriptions for online purposes.
- In the absence of other team members, assisting in other roles to ensure the team is functioning efficiently.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.