Principles of Trade
Principles of Trade
Mister Zimi has signed on to the UN Global Compact and commits to the following 10 Guiding principles:
- 1. Mister Zimi supports and respects the protection of Internationally proclaimed Human rights: and
- 2. Here at Mister Zimi we pledge to not become complicit in human rights abuses whether that be in our supply chain or the communities in which we operate.
- 3. Mister Zimi endorses and promotes freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- 4. Mister Zimi commits to the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- 5. Mister Zimi commits to the effective abolition of child labour: and
- 6. The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- 7. Mister Zimi supports a precautionary approach to environmental challenges:
- 8. Mister Zimi agrees to undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility: and
- 9. Encourages the development and diffusion of environmental friendly technology.
- 10. Mister Zimi will not tolerate corruption in any form, including extortion and bribery.
- 11. A fair wage is a right not a privilege and Mister Zimi will seek out suppliers who are committed to paying above the local legal minimum wage.
- 12. We are committed to tracing our end to end supply chain to ensure we appropriately govern our supply chain on our Principles to trade.
- 13. Mister Zimi and its partners will abide by all laws and regulations in its relevant jurisdictions.
- 14. Mister Zimi encourages the need for suppliers and partners to have an impartial grievance and complaint mechanism for workers to utilise free of any consequence.
- 15. Mister Zimi has a zero tolerance policy relating to the unauthorised use of any sub contractors within our supply chain.
- 16. Mister Zimi understands the importance of long term partnerships with our suppliers and is committed to working with them on remediation and continuous improvement within our principles to trade as a first option.
Further to these 10 principles Mister Zimi expects the following: